Petition is successful with 1,155 signatures
To: Pembrokeshire County Council
Please support a climate emergency in Pembrokeshire
Pembrokeshire Council have declared a Climate Emergency.
Congratulations - your support made a difference! 1,150 of you signed the petition, thank you.
This link shows just some of the people who turned up at County Hall to present our petition and encourage our Councillors to vote for this. And they did - 38 councillors for, 6 against, and 6 abstained.
The Council voted on two of the points in the motion submitted – these were points 1 and 4 below. The other points will be passed to Scrutiny committee for further discussion and planning.
- Declare a Climate Emergency
- Commit to making Pembrokeshire County Council a net zero carbon local authority by 2030
- Develop a clear plan for a route towards beingnet zero carbon and halting biodiversity loss within 12 months
- Call on Welsh and UK Governments to provide the necessary support and resources to enable the above
- Collaborate with experts from the private sector and 3rd sectors to develop innovative solutions to haltng biodiversity loss and becoming net zero carbon.”
So there is still much to do – we’ll need to keep monitoring, providing ideas and information, and demanding action from the Council.