1,000 signatures reached
To: Derbyshire CCGs
SAVE DERBYSHIRE NHS SPECIALIST PSYCHOTHERAPY SERVICE
STOP THE THREATENED CLOSURE OF DERBYSHIRE NHS SPECIALIST PSYCHOTHERAPY SERVICE
Why is this important?
The Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) are proposing to close an NHS Psychotherapy Service that works with adults who have experienced severe trauma in childhood, including neglect and physical and sexual abuse.
This is a vital service that up to 10,000 Derbyshire people have benefited from since its opening 25 years ago. 136 people currently use this service. It already receives three times as many referrals as it can accept.
The Government talks of the need to address the “parity of esteem” between Mental and Physical Health Service Users: making sure that mental health is valued equally alongside physical health.They talk of the need to address the chronic underinvestment in services such as Mental Health Talking Therapies…. and yet here we have a proposal for a major cut to the provision of talking therapies for those with severe and enduring mental health difficulties.
• Provides medium term therapies for those people for whom short term therapies have proved insufficient due to the severity of their trauma.
• Has consistently been valued by those who use it for significantly improving the quality of their lives.
• Has consistently been judged as an “outstanding service” in quality inspections.
• Has well trained, highly qualified and experienced staff with a proven track record of helping to alleviate suffering that has been caused by severe childhood trauma
• Provides, teaching, training, consultation and supervision to other NHS staff to support their work
There is a Public Consultation taking place within Derbyshire on the CCG’s proposal in the Autumn of 2018
PLEASE MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD
Further information can be found at
Save Derbyshire NHS Specialist Psychotherapy
Save NHS Derby Psychotherapy Service