Marching for Zane
On 8th February 2014, seven year old Zane Gbangbola died a day after his home in Chertsey was hit by severe floods. His parents think that he may have died from a dangerous gas called hydrogen cyanide.
Hydrogen cyanide is a poisonous gas that is linked to landfill sites. Spelthorne Council has acknowledged the presence of a disused landfill site next to the family's home. But they are refusing to test for dangerous gases which may have caused Zane's death.
On the day that would have been Zane's eighth birthday - Tuesday 21st October - we will march on Spelthorne Council to demand answers and to make sure that measures are put in place to avoid another tragedy of this kind.
We will meet at 1pm at Spelthorne Leisure Centre car park and march together to the council offices.