1,000 signatures reached
To: Jason McCartney MP
Justice for Keiran
We are calling on Jason McCartney MP to stamp out racist bullying in his constituency. The bullies have acted with total impunity and for far too long the authorities have been silent. Jason, we demand that you:
1) Support the victim and his family to ensure that he feels safe in his local area.
2) Work with local schools and colleges to ensure they are safe and harassment free learning environments for people of colour and those with disabilities.
3) Hold West Yorkshire Police to account to ensure that all the perpetrators are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
4) Review and report to the police any new evidence of racial harassment and bullying experienced by Keiran and others.
5) Set out a clear strategy for tackling racism and hate crime in your local community.
Why is this important?
On 3rd June 2020, a video emerged of two white teenagers forcing a black teenager with Autism to kiss their trainers at Holmfirth Cricket Club in West Yorkshire. The sickening video was filmed by at least one other person and bystanders can be heard laughing in the background.
Racist abuse such as this is common place across the UK but all too often victims are forced to endure the suffering in silence.
Given the context of recent global events, we believe this crime to be particularly callous. The repeated demands to ‘get on your knees’ and ‘kiss my trainers’ and the threat to ’slap 50 shades of black’ out of the victim make it clear that this crime was motivated by the victims ethnicity.
We are petitioning Jason McCartney MP to stamp out racism and hate crime in his local constituency and support Keiran's campaign for justice.
No justice. No peace.
Read more about the story here: