1,000 signatures reached
To: Housing Minister
Listen to the Peoples Voice on Planning
We, the undersigned, call for an end to unrestrained development; it is undemocratic, unsustainable, unnecessary, and will cause lasting damage to the character of the country.
Why is this important?
We want the Government to amend the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) to:
1. ensure that development is preferred and prioritised on brownfield sites.
2. protect green areas of special value to local areas.
3. allow all permissions to be counted as part of the 5 year supply definition.
4. give greater weight to heritage, ecology, and culture
5. ensure that developments are sustainable and that adequate infrastructure (roads, public transport, schools, health facilities and leisure facilities) are built in time to meet the needs of the first resident as well as the last.
6. give communities the same rights of appeal as developers in planning law.
7. accept that the expectations for the production of Local Plans in the allotted time-scale were unrealistic and allow a further period of grace to those local authorities that are still struggling to achieve this.