50 signatures reached
To: Heaton Manor School
Our children are there to learn
Stop treating our children like prisoners:
- Isolation for minor uniform infringements.
- Walk in one direction only.
- No coats inside school - take them off in the pouring rain before you enter.
- Have an opinion on any of this - PACE detention for being unruly.
- Threats rather than praising good behaviour
- Students afraid
A discussion is needed between staff, children and parents. Then rules can be made in conjunction with those they affect. This has been proven to be the best way to implement rules and regulations in a school environment.
Why is this important?
None of these things create a conducive learning environment. Many of the children are responding with anxiety and stress. How can being obsessed with uniform improve learning? A comfortable and happy child will learn far better than one who is under duress.
Punish the bad kids. Don't force the good ones to suffer too.