10,000 signatures reached
To: HM Government
Withdrawal of the UK from the EU using article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty
With effect immediately the undersigned require the Government to implement clause 50 of the European Union
Why is this important?
There are 43 aspects of running a country or membership of the EU that are now legislated in Brussel, since 1st Dec 2009. These areas of power are under the competancy of Brussels, not Westminster.
Quantitative Majority Voting.
No individual country of the 28 member will have a veto in these matters. Thus a positive vote on any of the 43 areas can be imposed on any individual country even against the wishes of it's sovereign parliament.
No law can be enacted that has any bearing on any of the 43 aspects of government without the approval of the EU by majority voting of other members voting for it.
We could be asked to drive on the Right and there is nothing we could do about it. But that is a trivial matter compared what could be pushed our way, against our national interests.
These are the areas :-
1) Administrative cooperation,
3) Border Controls,
4) Citizens initiative regulations,
5) Civil Protection,
6) Committee of the regions,
7) Common Defence Policy,
8) Crime prevention incentives,
9) Criminal judicial cooperation,
10) Criminal Law
12) Diplomatic judicial cooperation,
13) Economic Social Committee,
14) Emergency International aid,
16) EU Budget,
18) European Central Bank,
19) European Court of Justice,
21) Eurozone external representation,
22) Foreign Affairs High Representation Election,
23) Freedom of Movement of Workers,
24) Freedom to Establish a Business,
25) Freedom, Security, Justice, cooperation & evaluation policy,
26) Funding the Common Foreign & Security Policy,
27) General economic interest services,
28) Humanitarian Aid,
30) Intellectual property
31) Organisation of the Council of the EU,
32) Police cooperation,
33) President of the European Council election,
34) Response to natural disaster & terrorism,
35) Rules concerning the Armaments Agency,
36) Self-employment rights,
37) Social Security Unanimity,
40) Structural & Cohesion Funds,
43) Withdrawal of a member state
These measures make the Westminster Parliament toothless and effectively impotent to carry out policy changes, amendments, or repealing etc. on all of those items.