1,000 signatures reached
To: Secretary of State for Transport - The Rt Hon Grant Shapps
WORTHING BYPASS NOT A27 THROUGHPASS
• Reject the Highways England A27 Worthing and Lancing Improvement Scheme Proposed Option.
• Demand that a relief road / bypass to the north of Worthing / Lancing be immediately considered, costed and taken forward by Highways England / Minister for Transport.
• Believe that Worthing Deserves Better
Why is this important?
Highways England have presented only one option and that utilises the current alignment of the A27.
Our aims are to:
• Achieve a bypass for Worthing, Lancing and Sompting:
• Engage in significant proposals that will change the A27 between the Shoreham Flyover and the A280 Clapham/Patching junction.
• Ensure practicable proposals are acceptable to affected residents and independently verifiable as likely to improve traffic flows.
• Propose improvements to relevant authorities for consideration.
• Oppose dualling the A27 through the Worthing area.
We are non-political. We believe Worthing, Lancing and Sompting deserve better for every resident and business and do not need to be turned from an increasingly attractive and profitable area to one brought to a traffic and economic standstill for years.