Make it mandatory to warn of added xylitol in all foods and household items.
Xylitol is highly toxic to dogs. It is a sugar substitute and increasingly found in manufactured foodstuffs.
The most common source of poisoning is chewing gum, but it can be found in sweets, jams, peanut butter, toothpastes and many common household items.
Even quite small amounts can cause vomiting, liver failure and death. Three pieces of sugar free gum can contain enough xylitol to kill a small dog.
Many people and even manufacturers are not aware of how serious xylitol poisoning is. Please raise awareness and make it compulsory to include a warning on all products that contain xylitol.
50 signatures reached
25 signatures reached
10 signatures reached
TM 38 Degrees | 2014
Registered Company No. 6642193