Deliver a world-class, fully-integrated & accessible, publicly-owned, public transport network for everyone in our city.
Why is this important?
Most people in Glasgow rely on public transport to get around (only 49% of households have cars), yet our public transport network is a total mess.
Investing in public transport is essential for expanding our city’s economy, addressing inequality and social isolation, reducing toxic levels of air pollution and tackling climate change.
Bickering between political parties is letting Glasgow down. We are decades behind other cities in providing affordable and sustainable transport. We are calling for:
• a publicly-owned bus company for Glasgow
• affordable, integrated ticketing with a city-wide smartcard
• bike-hire stations across the city
• a publicly-owned Transport Authority for Glasgow
• a coordinated, long-term vision and investment in the city’s transport needs