Dear Minister. Please keep your Goverments promise to bring the main west coast road upto an acceptable, 21st Century, standard.
Why is this important?
1. This is a lifeline road for the west coast communities. The A9 is an unacceptable alternative.
2. Their are far too many accidents - many fatal - on this road
3. Between Crianlarich and Fort Augustus there is no real alternative route following the many closures this road suffers.
4. Lorries and buses/coaches frequently have difficulty passing; in particular on the Loch Lomondside section between Tarbet and Inverarnan.
5. The road surface does not meet 21st Century standards - despite many repairs/patches - costing drivers for the repairs to their vehicles.