The Living Rent Campaign say decent housing for all!
Why is this important?
Everyone needs a decent secure affordable home in which to flourish. We therefore call on Brighton and Hove Parliamentary candidates to campaign for the following changes, and to vote for them if elected:
• Bring back fair rents - a “Living rent” (achieved by rent controls)
• Protect private tenants with long secure tenancies
• Institute registration of all private landlords to ensure minimum standards of fire safety, energy efficiency and a decent home standard for private housing
• Abolish the Right to buy and lift borrowing ceilings and restrictions so councils can again build social rented housing
• Link rents policy to affordability not the market
• End discrimination against tenants on benefits
How it will be delivered
The petition will be delivered to all Parliamentary and Local Election candidates just prior to the election