To: Haringey Council
We do not consent to Smart Water Meters
We, the undersigned, petition Haringey Council to request that Utility Companies respect the STOP Notice that withdraws Implied Consent for the installation of Smart (Water) Meters or any Surveillance Device.
Why is this important?
Haringey residents have six concerns about the Smart Meter installation programme:
1. Not being consulted prior to installation;
2. Not compulsory (?);
3. Penalise poor people who live in crowded homes;
4. Risk to the health of humans, animals, pollinators, trees and plants;
"10. The World Health Organisation’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) categorised RF EMFs as a Possible CARCINOGEN (Group 2B), the same as lead, DDT, chloroform & methylmercury (31 May 2011)".
"11. Dr Andrew Goldsworthy’s research warned that electromagnetically-conditioned water flow could strip lead from pipes (after firstly removing limescale) leading to lead poisoning. (1998, 2007, 2012 and 2016)".
5. Surveillance of water, gas and electric usage; and
6. Security risk through (nuclear) electromagnetic pulse attacks, space weather and hacking (“cybercrime”).
Our focus is on Smart Water Meters but not exclusively.
Full details about the Stop Smart Meters Haringey campaign can be found on our website below.
This petition will be initially delivered to Haringey Council.
The target is 2,200+
How it will be delivered