To: Lord Chancellor, Secretary of State for Justice – Rt Hon Chris Grayling MP
National Probation Cuts - Creating Dangerous Communities
Stop the closure of probation services nationally!
Why is this important?
PLANNING TO CUT 70% of Probation Services Nationally and replace 70% of the Probation Services delivery with the management services of SERCO and G4S WHO ARE BUILDING MORE PRISONS INSTEAD OF REHABILITATION ERODING CIVIL LIBERTIES IN BREACH OF THE UK 1689 BILL OF RIGHTS AND MAGNA CARTA 1215
2. That G4S and SERCO are to be the Lead Provider managing the Financial Risk and Risk Management in whatever form that arises with the expectation that the third sector , voluntary community organisations, supported housing etc. to take on that risk and sub-contract to G4S + SERCO to bid for Service delivery???????
3. As our colleagues had suggested there will be a MASSIVE VACUUM WITHOUT the National Probation Services!!!!
4. We are concerned that communities will not be efficiently protected and that the PBR System is unrealistic. Community organisations cannot wait up to 3 years waiting for results before they receive any payment on the completion of an evaluated target result. The whole idea of PBR defeats the objective of the work that we all do.
5. The most accurate analogy of the relationship between Community Organisations + Supported Housing Providers+Probation Services + MAPPA is the equivalent of :
6. MAPPA + PROBATION SERVICES IS A MARRIAGE THAT SHOULD NOT BE INTERFERED WITH OR SEPARATED!!! IT IS DANGEROUS FOR ALL COMMUNITIES ALL OVER THE UK.