100 signatures reached
To: To: Xplore Dundee & Dundee City Council
Save The current route of our Number 32/33 Fintry Bus Service
Keep the number 32/33 bus service route that connects Fintry, Mill O' Mains and Claverhouse with the city centre as it is and withdraw the new route proposals. These route changes could take effect early in 2018, making life harder for people with disabilities, older people with mobility problems and for general safety concerns as would result in people having to walk through a scheme late at night to get home.
Why is this important?
Xplore are proposing two alternative routes to the 32/33 bus which would cut out Forfar Road. Their consultation highlights that the route could also stay as it is.
You can see the proposed two route changes at this link http://nxbus.co.uk/files/NXDundee/misc/FintryRouteReview-PublicConsultationDocument.pdf
This re-routing would severely restrict people's ability for travel:
• make it harder for people with disabilities and older people with mobility problems to catch a bus and get out of the house, potentially leading to loneliness and social isolation
• safety concerns of having to work through a scheme to get to/and from the bus
• get to and from work
• visit friends and relatives
• access education and training
• access to hospitals, doctors, dentists and other medical services
• access to leisure activities including town and countryside locations
Fewer buses on the road will mean more traffic congestion and delays which affects all of us.